In this article, I will talk about Hero Wars TOP 5 mistakes that you can make as a new or even experienced player. These mistakes will make you fall behind and you most likely won’t be able to compete with other top players just because your tactics aren’t that great. Make sure you read this article through and make sure you don’t make these mistakes!
1. Don’t level up all your heroes at once
DON’T level up all your heroes at once! I have seen so many players doing this mistake, don’t be one of them. You will drastically fall behind because of this and there are a few reasons why:
- game is designed that you can fully level up only 5 heroes at once for free to play or low pay to win players
- you will run out of gold because you won’t be able to upgrade all your hero skills
- you will run out of the experience potions and your team will be lower than your actual account level
- not having gold and experience potions will result in difficulty finishing tower and once again you will fall behind in gold and items
- you won’t be able to compete in the arena because of a low-level team and as a result, you won’t get extra emeralds
- top guilds won’t accept you in the guild because they need strong players with the well-developed team for guild wars
2. Make a good team compositions
From the early to mid-game you will need only 1 team to stay competitive which means that you need only 5 heroes who synergies well with each other to be considered a good player. In the late game, you will need 3 teams and fully developed 15-18 heroes. Fully developed hero count varies because you can’t always use the same team to beat your enemy, each hero has its own counter and you want to use this to your advantage. For example, if you are against Yasmine then you should include in your team Helios since she is the best counter to her.
If you are reading this post then most likely you are a new player and that is a reason why I will go over which 5 heroes you should level up for your early game team. The answer is simple – there aren’t the best top 5 heroes but there are some basic rules which you need to remember to succeed in this game. Your team should consist of:
- At least 1 healer. Healer is a crucial part of your team because he will help your team to survive longer. Healer is really important in the tower because you won’t be able to get to the 50th floor without recovering heroes health. For the tower, I would recommend using even 2 healers because you will need to protect your damage dealer and main tank at all costs. The best healer for the tower is Celeste which can be bought at the early game with real money but for the arena, guild wars, etc you should focus on Martha or Dorian. But don’t get me wrong other healers are good as well but these 3 healers are the meta ones.
- Only 1 tank. Don’t use 2 tanks in your team because that will make huge disbalance in your team composition. 1 tank is enough to protect all allied heroes.
- 1 or 2 supports. Depends on team composition but most team composition will have 1 or 2 supports who will make your damage dealer shine like never before and boost/protect other allies as well.
- 1 or 2 damage dealers. Most team compositions will have 1 damage dealer who will do the work by himself but there can be team compositions where you will swap second healer or support for the second damage dealer.
3. Spend your gold wisely
As a third Hero Wars TOP 5 mistakes article point I want to talk about gold. One of the game currencies is gold. You will run out of gold pretty fast if you won’t use it wisely. You will need gold for many things in the game like evolve heroes/titan stars, upgrade hero skills, make items, etc. There are many ways how to get gold as well like doing tower, doing campaign missions, completing tasks, spinning wheel, etc.
I have some tips for you to make sure you don’t run out of it:
- do daily tower to 50th floor because this is the best place where to get gold. If you can’t do tower to level 50 daily then you are doing something wrong (wrong team compositions or wrongly developed heroes most likely)
- don’t upgrade or evolve titans/heroes which you are not using
- make sure you upgrade hero level dependant skills first because your heroes will benefit from those skills the most. You won’t see too bug difference when you upgrade hero skill which will boost only skills damage for a static amount of damage but there is a huge difference if you level up a level-dependent skill which will greatly improve the success rate of the skill
- Using wheel to exchange emeralds for gold is one of the worst ways how to spend your emeralds but it is ok to do that from time to time. Just don’t go too crazy
4. Spend your emeralds wisely
Another currency in the game is Emeralds. Emeralds can be bought for real money and can be obtained in the game for doing tasks or fighting in the arena. Using emeralds will greatly improve your chance to compete with other players. Make sure you use and buy them at the right time and for the right reasons and avoid these Hero Wars TOP 5 mistakes. There isn’t the best place where to spend your emeralds because it will always depend on what do you need from the game at that exact moment. Some tips about emerald spending, buying, and obtaining:
- try to buy emeralds on sale preferably on 4x sale
- use emeralds when there is an event going on
- don’t go too crazy all at once because emeralds cost will rise dramatically if you buy the same thing over and over again
- make sure you get as high in the arena as possible just before high scores are calculated. There is no need to use all your 5 attacks as soon as your attack refreshes because there is a good chance you will be defeated by other players by the time a high score will be calculated again and you will get fewer emeralds.
- buy emeralds when there is an event going where you can get extra emeralds or energy for buying emeralds
- I like to use emeralds daily for energy (2 times for 50 emeralds at least), I use emeralds for hero soul stone missions but only 1 time for each mission and only for those heroes that I have in my main team or I am going to develop in the future. At the early game that isn’t the worst idea to invest emeralds in titans because that will give you a huge boost for the rest of the game
- worst way how to use emeralds are when you can’t wait for something and just buy it for emeralds like merchant time refresh, skill point refresh, etc because you could get those all things just by waiting a little bit.
5. Not claiming or doing all your daily tasks
I have read so many comments that players are not claiming their daily task rewards just because they can’t do tower and don’t want to make account level too high because they can’t keep up with hero levels, hero skill levels, etc. If you make your team right, if you spend your resources wisely you will never run in a problem like doing tower, leveling top 5 hero skills to the account level, or something like that. Being lower in a level than your enemies just because you are not getting extra experience from daily tasks will greatly reduce your chances to get in a good guild, be high in the arena or be competitive.
I hope you enjoyed my Hero Wars TOP 5 mistakes post. More guide and the latest news on my YouTube channel -> Press here